Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Chemo Caps

I have decided to start knitting for charity. It isn't a whim, I have been thinking about this for a long time now.

So I started knitting a few Chemo Caps I found on Head Huggers. After I have a few done I think I will send them to Sue Thompson for distribution to various sites. So far there are no groups, that I have been able to find in my area. Anyways, I am knitting just your basic ribbed cap with Berocco's new Comfort yarn. It is so soft, and the really cool thing is that I had no idea that the varigated yarns spiral like a candy cane when they are knit in the round. It actually just appeared before my eyes as I was knitting. I looked on their site and there is no mention of this very happy accident. It makes the hat look so cool. I was really surprised, because my when I did a small guage swatch it looked like your everyday varigated yarn. Just have to say, I love this yarn, it is really soft and for the purpose I have chosen it I hope the recipient loves it just as much.


So obviously, here is the guage swatch. I know, it isn't 4 inches, but at least I did one.













Prepare to be amazed......














My husband says it reminds him of a grape candy cane. And yes, the color looks awful, it is a blue-purple color.

No comments: