Monday, October 29, 2007

Why does it have to be Monday

First, I would like to say that I'm fairly new to this whole blogging thing. So I'm really trying to do everything correctly.

Second, not sure if I mentioned this before but I am obsessed with knitting podcasts. I listen to them everyday on my commute to and from work. Frankly, it's the only way that I can get through the commute without running half the people off the road around here. I know, not very nice, but I am not good in traffic. So I have been listening to a few from around the world and it is so exciting to see how big the knitting community really is.

One podcast that I absolutely love, unfortunately it only comes out once a month, is Changelings Knit and Stitch podcast. What I love about the podcast is her "Visits to a Yarn Store." Now everyone who has ever worked in retail can relate to the sometimes strange customers that come in to your shop. What is also amusing is, being a yarn shop junkie, I can see some of my own personality traits in her characters as well.

Another podcast that I love to listen to is Stash and Burn. What is exciting about this podcast is that they are right in my own back yard. Although I haven't been to all the shops they talk about, I enjoy the banter between Jenny and Nicole.

I will talk about other podcasts in the future.

Now for my questions to the online knitting community. (I am still waiting for my ravelry invite, I expect it anyday now.)

1. How does one find online groups to join?

2. What exactly are webrings, and again how does one join? Or why does one join a webring?

So if anyone can help me, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

No comments: